INDIANAPOLIS (WISH) - Wash them thoroughly my friends! 62 pesticide residues were found on commercial grocery peaches by the USDA Pesticide Data Program.
Buy local, non-GMO Peaches and ask the grower questions. Wash them in tepid soapy water and rinse thoroughly.
Peaches provide 2.6 g dietary fiber, B-3 (niacin), C, potassium, iron and lots of vitamin A that scavenge up harmful Free-Radicals.
Hazelnuts contain: fiber, folate, E, potassium and calcium
Grilled Summer Peaches with Goats cheese, Lavender, Hazelnuts and Honey
¼ cups fresh goat’s cheese- PROTEIN AND CALCIUM
4 ripe peaches, washed thoroughly
3 tbs. olive oil
· Remove goat’s cheese from wrapper, place it in a bowl and let get to room temperature to soften
· Cut the peaches in half along the seem that runs round the juicy stone fruit.
· Remove the stone carefully.
· Heat a sauté pan over medium high heat and pour in olive oil.
· Place peach halves meat side down into the hot oil and cook for about 1 minute.
· Add a dash of water to the goat’s cheese and stir till it’s workable.
· Place a generous spoonful of goat’s cheese in the indentation of each peach.
· Sprinkle on lavender pedals.
· Drizzle with honey
· Garnish with fresh mint leaves and hazelnuts (Filberts)
IMPD officials say a 3-year-old child was shot in the head Saturday evening on the city's north side.
Thousands of people were in Indianapolis Saturday night to see Ohio State University and Michigan State University fight for the Big 10 football championship at Lucas Oil Stadium.
For years, thousands of children visiting from near and far took time out of their visit to the Fort Wayne Children's Zoo for a ride on Cookie, a beloved pony.