INDIANAPOLIS (INDOT) - NORTH SIDE:
I-465 & Allisonville Road Interchange:
- Allisonville Road bridge over I-465 closed for reconstruction on Wednesday, May 30 for approximately 110 days. Through traffic and left turns at the interchange are restricted. Right turns exiting and entering the interstate remain open.
- A 45 mph work zone speed limit on I-465 approaching Allisonville Road in both directions is in effect when signs are flashing during working hours. Drivers should reduce speeds on I-465 and the narrowed Allisonville Road ramps. Drivers should be alert for construction workers in the area, heavy trucks entering and exiting the roadway and Indiana State Police patrolling the work zone.
I-69 Operation Indy Commute
- I-69 southbound will have a left lane restriction beginning Friday, June 8 at 10 p.m. until Saturday, June 9 at 5 a.m. for milling and paving of the left shoulder from about 1 mile north of SR 37 to Exit 5.
- I-69 northbound will have a right lane restriction beginning Friday, June 8 at 10 p.m. until Saturday, June 9 at 5 a.m. for pavement marking operations.
- I-69 southbound will have alternating overnight lane restrictions on Wednesday, June 13 from 10 p.m. until 5 a.m. Thursday. Southbound traffic will be shifted to the left to allow for construction of the new, two-lane northbound I-69 flyover ramp to State Road 37.
- I-69 northbound is restricted to two lanes at the exit ramp to 116th Street and SR 37 (Exit 5). The exit is restricted to a single lane.
US 31 at SR 38
- US 31 at SR 38 is one lane in each direction with shifting work zone traffic patterns via median crossovers. US 31 northbound and southbound exit ramps to SR 38 are closed.
- SR 38 at US 31 is closed from Anthony Road to Dunbar Road and has no entrance ramp access to US 31. Reconstruction of SR 38 is expected to be complete by September.
US 31 at Keystone Parkway & 146th Street
- US 31 southbound to Keystone Parkway southbound closed on April 9 for 90 days for reconstruction.
- US 31 southbound is redirected via median crossovers to share the east side of the roadway with northbound traffic between 151st Street and the Monon Trail, just south of Range Line Road and ClayTerrace Boulevard. Two through lanes and turn lanes are maintained in each direction. The existing southbound roadway is closed for reconstruction.
- I-70 eastbound entrance ramp from Mt. Comfort Road will have a right shoulder restriction beginning
- Friday, June 8 at 9 p.m. until Saturday, June 9 at 6 a.m.
- I-70 eastbound will have a right lane restriction between Post Road (Exit 91) and Mt. Comfort Road
- (Exit 96) on Saturday, June 9 from 5 a.m. to 8 a.m.
- I-70 westbound will have a right lane restriction near Mt. Comfort Road (Exit 96) on Saturday, June 9
- from 5 a.m. to 8 a.m.
- I-70 westbound has a 45 mph work zone speed limit in effect. I-70 in both directions from Post Road
- (Exit 91) to just east of Mt. Comfort Road (Exit 96) has shifting work zone traffic patterns with median crossovers. Two lanes of traffic remain open in both directions.
- I-465 southbound will have a double left lane restriction south of I-74 and US 136 on Monday, June 11 from 9 p.m. until 6 a.m. Tuesday.
- I-465 northbound will have a double left lane restriction south of I-74 and US 136 on Tuesday, June 12 and Wednesday, June 13 from 9 p.m. until 6 a.m. the following mornings.
Editor’s note: This information comes directly from the Indiana Department of Transportation. For more information or to contact INDOT, click here.