Updated: Saturday, 26 Jan 2013, 8:10 AM EST
Published : Saturday, 26 Jan 2013, 8:10 AM EST
INDIANAPOLIS (WISH) - Chef Wendell shows us five substitutions to keep your food healthy:
• Replace ‘blue-box’ macaroni and cheese with a whole-grain or gluten-free pasta recipe. Whole wheat macaroni keeps you satisfied longer. Kroger has healthier versions of the “Blue Box”. (If you must use the ‘Blue Box’ at least add some fiber to it.)
• Consume baked sweet potato French fries or baked potatoes topped with low-fat cheese or sour cream in place of greasy fries.
• Replace ‘Poop Tarts’ with Nature’s Path Brand or Ezekiel Bread PBJ using no-sugar added jelly
• Serve fibrous brown rice rather than Uncle Ben’s.
• The American Heart Association recommends; baked or grilled fish twice weekly over battered and fried selections.