Updated: Saturday, 09 Mar 2013, 9:37 AM EST
Published : Saturday, 09 Mar 2013, 9:37 AM EST
INDIANAPOLIS (WISH) - About 11 billion sandwiches are consumed each year in the US. That means Americans consume about 30,136,986 sandwiches per day.
We like to take chances.
• ¼ of the meat in US supermarkets are tainted with drug resistant deadly pathogens.
• Deli meats, bacon, bologna and hot dogs have been found to cause cancer
• Hamburger gets recalled monthly for e.Coli, salmonella, staph, and campylobacter.
• Chicken breast contains arsenic
Here are some healthy sandwich options:
• Grilled cheese on Ezekiel Bread with soy cheese and asparagus
• Boca-Burger with fried egg, tomato, Bermuda onion
• Fish Taco with slaw
Click play in the viewer to learn more