NEW YORK (AP) — A New York City dog has undergone emergency surgery to remove more than 100 pennies from his stomach.
The New York Daily News reports that a Jack Russell terrier named Jack swallowed 111 pennies last week and quickly became ill.
The 13-year-old pooch's owner rushed him to a Manhattan veterinarian for emergency surgery.
That's when dog doctors put Jack under anesthesia and methodically removed all 111 coins. The zinc from the coins could be lethal.
The dog's owner told the newspaper his best friend is back to his normal self, driving him crazy.
Information from: Daily News, http://www.nydailynews.com
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
More than 10,000 low-income Indiana residents who participate in a state-run insurance plan will be able to keep their benefits through April.
If you're looking for a place to park in Broad Ripple, you'll notice a new option.
Carmel Mayor Jim Brainard is in Washington, D.C. on Tuesday serving on a special task for climate preparedness and resilience.