Dr. Sharon Paluga talks about why she started using Botox in her dental practice.
With an increasing number of patients complaining of jaw pain and chronic headaches associated with the grinding or clenching of teeth she looked into using Botox as many dentist are.
In addition to the common cosmetic issues (crow's feet, forehead wrinkles, lip lines) she uses it for grinding/clenching, chronic tension, head aches and to prevent or decrease the frequency of migraines.
Candidates for Botox.
- Cannot have a needle phobia
- anyone who is generally in good heath
- very minimal
- bruising at injection site
- slight swelling at injection site - this usually is gone within 15-20 minutes
- Come in for a consult to see what injections will be needed. We can usually do the procedure that same day.
- Use a very small needle to place the Botox where we want it.
- Come back in 2 weeks for a follow-up/enhancement
- Lasts 3-4 months
- Takes 3-7 days to see the effect. The amount needed varies. Range could be anywhere between 20 and 60 units or more.
Weather models are lining up better and better, so the Forecast 8 team is confident enough to start putting snow projections for the winter weather through Friday night.
The City County Council is looking to change the law regarding your smoke detectors.
General Motors Corp. is spending $11 million at its Fort Wayne Assembly Plant to create a small power plant to supply 40 percent of the factory's operations.