Dr Todd Capes, Franciscan St. Francis Health, has tips for tips for Diabetic Runners and Walkers before starting any work out regiment talk to you doctor.
- Consult your physician before starting a running/walking program
- Always have a carbohydrate source available during your workout
- Wear a bracelet or card identifying you as a diabetic
- Always run with a friend if possible
- Maintain good hydration
- Monitor blood sugars closely for 4-6 hours after your workout. They could decline for a number of hours after vigorous exercise.
A multi-vehicle accident on Interstate 65 shut down lanes Wednesday morning.
The Boone County Sheriff's Office asked that drivers use caution Wednesday morning as black ice was reported on some bridges in the county.
An investigation is underway into an early morning crash in Vigo County.