Bianca, Going green is easier than you think—little steps do add up. Here are some of my favorite fun, easy ways to celebrate Earth Day, every day. www.ConsciousLivingTV.com
1. Green up your beverages (www.Sodastream.com ) Retail: $129
• Green up your lifestyle with the new Sodastream Source, a fun gadget for your kitchen that transforms ordinary tap water into fizzy soda or sparkling water in less than 30 seconds.
• The average family can save 2000 plastic bottles and cans by making the switch because bottles are BPA-free and reusable for 3-5 years. No more lugging bottles and cans to the dumpster!
• With 60+ sodamix flavors, it tastes even better than regular soda, but no high fructose corn syrup or aspartame so it's healthy for the whole family.
2. Make your home healthy with toxin-free cleaning products Retail: $3.99
• Chemicals in traditional soaps and detergents have been linked to numerous health problems, including child poisonings, allergies and water pollution. Make a greener choice with cleaners free of toxins like phthalates, sodium laurel sulphate and parabens.
It has this fresh, exotic scent that just smells like clean, and will add a touch of luxury while you do dishes and other dirty chores. (www.mrsmeyers.com)
3. Make an Eco-Chic Fashion Statement:
• April showers bring May showers, and you'll love walking in the rain with these umbrellas from Brelli, made from biodegradable PVC and bamboo. They're wind and UV-resistant and come in fun transparent colors, including a little bling. (www.thebrelli.com ) $65-85
• Spring is the perfect time for bringing out the mani pedi's, but avoid the toxins in conventional nail polish (like formaldehyde) with an all-natural nail polish like Sparitual, it's vegan and comes in a rainbow of colors. (www.sparitual.com ) $11.99
For more of Bianca's eco-chic lifestyle tips year-round, visit www.ConsciousLivingtv.com
The mother of two young girls saved by 16-year-old Aubrey Peters more than three years ago, says Peters is truly a hero.
The Indianapolis City-County Council decided a couple of prominent proposals still need some work during a meeting on Monday.
New details have been released about a robbery and murder that claimed the life of an Indiana National Guardsman.