The Dyslexia Institute of Indiana announces its annual Authors Breakfast with proceeds benefiting the non-profit, which exists to serve children, adolescents, and adults with specific language disabilities. The event features a buffet breakfast, entertaining author panel discussion, silent auction and chance to purchase author's books.
The 2013 Indiana Authors Breakfast will be emceed by Dick Wolfsie and feature the following authors:
• Marie J. Albertson
• Ray Boomhower
• Lorene Burkhart
• Wes Gehring
• Ken Turchi
The breakfast is open to the public. Details follow:
• DATE: Saturday, April 27, 8:30 - 11 a.m.
• LOCATION: Meridian Hills Country Club-7099 Spring Mill Rd., Indianapolis
• TICKETS: $40 for general admission, $60 for Patron, $1,000 for a table of ten
• PURCHASE: Online or by phone: 317-222-6635
The Indiana Authors Breakfast is DII's largest solely operated fundraising event. 100% of the proceeds from this event:
• Go directly to provide needed tutoring services to children & adults with specific reading/language disabilities;
• Provide alternative literacy education for students with dyslexia in the state of Indiana; and
• Support Indiana authors and the importance of reading as an ongoing source of education.
A winter storm warning is in effect for most of Central Indiana.
An Illinois man was killed late Thursday when the car he was driving was struck by a semi tractor on I-70 about three miles west of the Cambridge City exit.
It's very rare that a single person can reach across national, racial, and spiritual borders to bring such hope and healing.