FREE Indy Author Fair this Saturday, Oct. 26, at Central Library
Public has opportunity to meet dozens of Indiana’s talented authors
WHAT: The Indy Author Fair is a full day of free public activities, including the opportunity to meet dozens of Indiana’s most talented writers. This Saturday at Indianapolis’ Central Library, the public can participate in workshops and one-on-one conversations with authors, and purchase books and have them signed by each author. All authors have Indiana ties. The Indy Author Fair is presented by the Eugene & Marilyn Glick Indiana Authors Award and the Indianapolis Public Library.
Indiana Authors Award recipients and finalists will be honored Saturday evening, Oct. 26, at a ticketed Award Dinner at Central Library benefiting The Indianapolis Public Library Foundation.
WHAT: Free Indy Author Fair
WHEN: 10:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m., Saturday, Oct. 26
WHERE: Central Library, downtown Indianapolis. Just a few of the topics include:
- Meet the winners and finalists of the 2013 Eugene & Marilyn Glick Indiana Authors Award: Michael Martone (National Winner), James H. Madison (Regional Winner), Tricia Fields (Emerging Finalist), Mike Mullin (Emerging Finalist) and Kelsey Timmerman (Emerging Finalist)
- Come out Swinging: How to Hit Hard and Fast With Your Opening Paragraph
- Writing and Marketing Poetry
- Writing and Publishing for Children
- The Pleasures and Pitfalls of Self-Publishing
For a full schedule of events and authors, visit www.indianaauthorsaward.org.
A winter weather advisory was issued for Wayne, Union, Switzerland, Ripley, Ohio, Franklin, Fayette and Dearborn counties on Saturday night.
IMPD officials say a 3-year-old boy has died after he was shot in the head Saturday evening.
A major renovation of the Vincennes University Aviation Technology Center at Indianapolis International Airport is expected to begin next month and last about a year