Annessa Chumbley, Registered Dietician and Jim England, Chairman of the Board, American Heart Association Board Chair explain Heart disease is the No. 1 killer of Hoosiers, responsible for 1 of every 3 deaths
- One-third of Hoosiers are obese or overweight
- Some new national studies indicate this number is holding steady and even declining slightly
- News story last week indicated fruit is second most popular fruit consumed
- Both are possible indicators that people are making healthier diet choices
- Still need to add more vegetables to our diet
• Instead of butter, substitute cinnamon-flavored, no-sugar added applesauce
• Instead of white flour, use half white and half whole-wheat flour
• Instead of chocolate or candies, use dried fruit
• Use vegetable oils such as olive oil instead of butter
• Use whole-grain pastas and breads instead of white
• Bake, grill or steam vegetables instead of frying
Jim add personal diet changes since cardiac arrest / stents
UPDATE 10:45 P.M.: Many Indiana State Police dispatches were reporting accidents on major roads due to slick weather conditions Sunday night.
With some of the coldest nights of the season on the way, shelters are preparing for a rush of people trying to stay warm.
Christmas is just over two weeks away, but it came early for some very special kids in Hancock County.