Caring for your wood cutting board, utensils, and rolling pins:
1. Hand-wash with hot soapy water. Do NOT let it sit in water.
2. Remove excess water with a clean dry towel.
3. Allow to completely air dry on all sides evenly (putting it in the dish drainer works well).
4. Apply a liberal coat of mineral oil if dry spots arise (available at most pharmacies)
a. The frequency this is needed depends on the amount of use your kitchenware gets
b. A small amount of Tried and True linseed oil, walnut oil, or coconut oil can also be used.
c. Do NOT treat with vegetable based oils as they can rancid over time.
5. NEVER put your woodenware in the dishwasher as it can cause it to crack and break.
6. Do NOT put you woodenware away wet as this can cause it to warp and in turn crack and
7:15 P.M. UPDATE: Light snow continued to fall and drier air moved into central Indiana.
The cold weather and overnight snow created some extra work for crews on Georgia Street on Friday.
The Big 10 championships are in Indianapolis this weekend.