Annessa Chumble and Indy Style viewer Nathan Miller make a recipe belonging to Nathan's Grandmother. You're going to want to make these delicious airy cake-like cookies this holiday season for your family.
Grandma's Famous Sugar Cookies
-1/2 Cup Shortening (Crisco), not oil
-1/2 Cup of Butter
-2 Cups Sugar
-1/2 cup of sour milk (or take regular milk and add tsp of apple vinegar)
-1 tsp baking soda (add it to milk and beat until foamy)
-1 tsp Vanilla
-2 tsp baking powder
-"dash" of salt
-4 Cups of flour
1) Preheat oven to 350
2) Cream shortening, butter, and sugar, and eggs in bowl
3) Add soda to sour mix in another bowl until foamy
4) Add vanilla to milk mixture
5) In large bowl mix flour, baking powder, and salt
6) Fold in the mixtures from the first two bowl
7) Drop table spoon of dough onto cookie sheet and bake 10-12 mins
8) Cool and top with frosting (homemade is the best ;) )
A winter storm warning is in effect for most of Central Indiana.
An Illinois man was killed late Thursday when the car he was driving was struck by a semi tractor on I-70 about three miles west of the Cambridge City exit.
It's very rare that a single person can reach across national, racial, and spiritual borders to bring such hope and healing.