LIN Media is in search of a Chief Engineer for their Indianapolis market which includes the primary and secondary channels of WISH-TV and WNDY. The Chief Engineer will be instrumental to the current and future operation of the stations and the overall facility, which also includes a centralized master control hub for other LIN stations. Candidates must have experience managing a television broadcast engineering department with a large news operation. A strong background in RF technology, digital, broadcast equipment and IT is required. Other key responsibilities include:
- Managing all technical equipment: cameras, servers, transmitters, fleet vehicles, towers, IT equipment
- Working with News, and other departments regarding equipment problems as well as taking into account needs both immediate and future
- Managing a technical team who can support the Chief Engineer in executing his or her duties
- Preparing the market’s capital and technical operating budgets
- Executing all capital purchases and projects for the market
- Developing and directing the implementation of corporate strategic equipment plans, projects, programs, and systems
- In times of technical and/or operational crisis, managing and guiding other station employees to a successful outcome, while protecting personnel and hardware.
To apply for the above position, send resume to General Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please. WISH TV is an equal opportunity employer. EEO/M-F.
Hundreds of workers at Lebanon's largest employer reported back to work less than a month after their company took a direct hit by an EF-2 tornado.
In court documents filed Monday afternoon, 20-year-old Jacob McDaniel was officially charged with reckless homicide and pointing a firearm in the shooting death of a Noblesville teen.
Sunday night, Johnson County officers were called to a Whiteland home, when a woman called to say she was being attacked by her 18-year-old grandson.