Staff Reports - INDIANAPOLIS (WISH) -- A search warrant executed Friday afternoon at a home on East 21st Street resulted in four people arrested on drug charges, Indianapolis Metropolitan Police Department said in a news release.
The warrant was served just after 2:30 p.m. in the 4500 block of East 21st Street, located between North Sherman Drive and Emerson Avenue. Narcotics detectives and "Flex Team" officers were assisted by a special tactics and weapons team.
Authorities found marijuana, cocaine, a 9mm Hi-Point firearm, digital scales and other paraphernalia.
The suspects and the preliminary charges against them:
- Shawnte Johnson, 38, visiting a common nuisance.
- Akei Jacobs, 29, maintaining a common nuisance. He also was wanted on four outstanding warrants.
- James Edwards, 39, possession of cocaine and maintaining a common nuisance.
- Michael Price, 40, possession of marijuana and visiting a common nuisance.
The four people were taken to the City-County Building for processing. The Marion County Prosecutor's Office will review the case and decide whether to file formal charges.
- Download the WISH-TV app for your iPhone/iPad in the App Store
- Download the WISH-TV app in the Google Play store
- Like WISH-TV on Facebook