INDIANAPOLIS (WISH) - After a weekend of rain, temperatures dropped overnight into Monday morning, creating a slippery situation on roadways.
Johnson County Sheriff Doug Cox said Monday morning his deputies handled six slide-offs overnight — all related to water or ice.
Many roads in Central Indiana were still blocked because of flooding Monday morning.
Fishers Police reported Florida Road was closed between 113th Street and 104th Street.
Elsewhere in Hamilton County, the following roads were closed:
- Edith Ave. between Cumberland and 206th
- Riverwood between 211th & Riverwood Dr.
- 246th between Ray Parker & Cornell
- 266th between Mt. Pleasant & Startsman
In Morgan County, reports of high water were found at the following locations:
- State Rd 42 at Gasburg
- SR 144 East of Kitchen Rd
- SR 44 at Emminence School
- SR 44 E of Peavine Road
- Centerton Rd at Tidewater Rd.
- Blue Bluff Rd. South of Centerton Rd.
- Centenary Road near Watson Rd.
In Delaware County, Delta High School and Middle School, Eaton Elementary, Albany Elementary and Royerton Elementary schools were all closed on Monday. The following Delaware County roads were closed due to high water:
- Blacksmill Road between SR 67 & CR 350 East
- Whitney Rd between Inlow Springs & Gay View Dr.
- Edgewater Road between 650 East and 800 East
- County Road 800 East between Albany Rd. & Edgewater Road
- Lee Pitt Rd between SR 332 & Trackside
- Gregory Road between 350 East & 400 East
- County Rd 682 North betwen Nebo Rd. & Wheeling
- Priestford Rd between SR 32 & Burkmill Road
- Eaton Albany Pike between 350 East & Eaton
- CR 300 South between SR 32 & 700 West
- County Road 100 N East of 1000 West
- CR 1270 between 364 West & 225 West
In Hancock County, the following roads were closed:
- CR 300 South East of SR 9
- CR 400 South East of SR 9
- CR 800 East, North of CR 500 South
- Steele Ford Road
State Road 235 was closed in Jackson County between Mill Street and County Road 460 West.
Temperatures dropped into the teens overnight, with wind chills in single digits. The high temperature for Monday is expected to be below freezing. Check out the Forecast 8 Weather Blog for the latest on the forecast.
Weather models are lining up better and better, so the Forecast 8 team is confident enough to start putting snow projections for the winter weather through Friday night.
A Democratic elections lawyer is suing the State Board of Education for allegedly violating the state's open meetings law.
Indiana agribusiness executive Ted McKinney will be the new director of the Indiana State Department of Agriculture.