ELKHART, Ind. (AP) — Firefighters rushed to a northern Indiana hospital's emergency room on a report of a fire caused by medical equipment.
Elkhart fire inspector Tony Balzano says personnel at Elkhart General Hospital saw the flames Wednesday morning and put them out before the firefighters arrived.
Balzano tells The Elkhart Truth that the fire was accidental and caused by a surgical cauterizing tool, which caught surgical wipes on fire.
The ventilation system cleared smoke from the area and only damage to a countertop and cabinet was reported.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
A winter weather advisory was issued for Wayne, Union, Switzerland, Ripley, Ohio, Franklin, Fayette and Dearborn counties on Saturday night.
IMPD officials say a 3-year-old boy has died after he was shot in the head Saturday evening.
Andy Dalton regained his passing touch on a wintery afternoon, keeping the Cincinnati Bengals firmly in control of the AFC North.