NOBLESVILLE, Ind. (WISH) - Heavy rains that moved through Central Indiana Saturday night and early Sunday morning have caused flooding and road closures in the area.
A Flood Watch is in effect through Sunday afternoon and authorities are alerting drivers to road closures and flooded areas.
The Noblesville Fire Department advised drivers to find another route is coming upon a flooded roadway as high standing water can cause loss of control and stalling.
Major road closures in Noblesville include:
- State Road 19 between Logan St. and Field Dr.
- River Wood Dr.
- Edith Ave.
Areas where high water in Noblesville signs are posted:
- Mill Creek Rd. - Between SR 32/SR 38
- 186th St. - Between Promise Rd. and SR 37
- Between the 1200-1700 blocks of Conner St.
- Summer Rd. - Between 156th St. and 166th St.
- 19th St. - Between Mulberry and Cherry
- 9th and Division streets
Major road closures in Johnson County include:
- 600 E between 700 N and Rocklane Rd.
- 200 N at 75W
- Mauxferry Rd. and 250 S
- 250 S between US 31 and Mauxferry Rd.
- 350 S between US 31 and Maxferry Rd.
- 400 S between US 31 and Mauxferry Rd.
- 725 E From Greensburg Rd. to 400 S
Major road closures in Fishers include:
- 106th Street between Cumberland Road and Tremont Drive
- Hamilton Proper parking lot
- Brook School Park bridge
- Fishers Heritage Park at White River
- Ritchey Woods Nature Preserve
- Cheney Creek Natural Area
- Cumberland Road between 106th and 116th streets
Road crews in Madison County have been contacted about the following areas:
- 500 N at 825 W
- 900 N at 400 W
- 900 N at 700 W
- Phillips addition at 4th and Randolph St.
- SR 13 at Fishersburg
- 500 W at 600 N
- 600 W at 300 N
- 200 W at 1150 N
- SR 13 N of 1300 N
- SR 28 E of 200 E
- SR 9 at 1700 N
- 3800 block of W 500 N
- SR 128 at 700 W
- 1100 N at 200 W
- 1300 N at 200 W
- 500 N at 825 W
- SR 128 (Sigler St) on E side of Frankton
- Bridge washed out at 900 N west of 500 W
Below are current bridge closings in Delaware County :
- #016: 1270 N and 1275 N - CLOSED – Water over roadway East of bridge
- #045: Gregory Road East of CR 450 E – CLOSED-1ft below bottom of bridge – Water over roadway on East side of bridge
- #701: W of Elm Street (Albany) – CLOSED
- #085: Stong Rd. N. of Edgewater Rd. (Albany) CLOSED – Water over roadway approx. 18" deep North & South
- #138: Priestford Frd. S. of River Valley Rd. – CLOSED
- #130: CR 300S / E of CR 900W – CLOSED – Flood Sign Activated
- #N/A: Whitney Road – CLOSED
Major road closures and impassable roads in Delaware County:
Blacksmill Rd. between SR. 67 & 350 E
Whitney Rd. between Inlowsprings and Gayview Dr
Edgewater Rd. between 650 E & 800 E
C.R. 800 E between Albany & Edgewater
C.R. 650 E between 500N & Edgewater
Lee Pit Rd. between SR. 332 & Trackside
Gregory Rd. 350 E and 400 E
C.R. 682 N between Nebo and Wheeling
Priestford Rd. between S.R. 32 & Burkmill Rd.
Eaton-Albany PK. between 350 E & Eaton
C.R. 300 S between S.R. 32 & 700 W
C.R. 100 N East of 1000 W
C.R. 1270 between 364 W & 225 W
Major road closures in Morgan County :
- Blue Bluff Road
- Railroad Road
- Henderson Ford Road between Centenary Road to Watson Road
- Peregrine Road
High water on roads in Morgan County :
- SR 44 at Peavine Road
- SR 44 and Bill Smith Road
- SR 42 at Gasburg Road
- Centerton Road near Centerton Elementary School
- SR 42 N near Eminence Schools
High water signs have been posted in Shelby County at the following locations:
- 100 W south of US 52
- 1100 N at 250 W
- 700 N at 800 W
- 800 N at 325 W
- 500 N at 450 W
- 500 N at 775 E
- London Road at 400 N
- Little Blue Road at 450 N
Roads with high water reported in Bartholomew County :
- 900 N and 300 E near the bridge is impassable
- Bridge at 400 N west of River Road is impassable
- 500 S in between 350 and 250 E is closed
- SR 58 west of 930 S is closed
Albany Police were reporting:
- Water St. at Second
- Mississinewa at Elm
- Dowden at Vine
- The roads listed above are all located south of SR 28 and are closed beyond the city limits.
The Liberty Township Fire Department advised the following:
- Liberty Township Road 475 E (Whitney Road) at Inlow Springs Road. Creek has covered the road. In the curve just east of Inlow.
- 200 S and is now open from 475 to 400 E as alternate route.
Delaware County has declared a Level Yellow Advisory Travel Advisory Emergency to be in effect for the county until further notice.
A Yellow Advisory is defined as:
- Routine travel or activities may be restricted in areas because of a hazardous situation.
- Citizens should use caution or avoid these areas.
- Schools and businesses may begin to implement their emergency action plans.
Parking on all county roads and their right-of-way is discouraged, according to a release. Vehicles found parked in violation of emergency order will be removed. Vehicles found stalled or stranded will be removed at the owner's expense as well.
A company is set to move drilling equipment onto Indiana State University's property and start looking for oil.
Thousands of people in Indianapolis were without power early Thursday morning.
Hoosiers saw unbearably cold temperatures Thursday morning.