CARMEL, Ind. (WISH) - Fire investigators say food left on a stove caught fire in a Carmel home Thursday morning.
Officials say the homeowner started cooking food on the stove and left the residence. A roofing crew working on the residence noticed smoke and called 911.
Carmel firefighters were dispatched to the 800 block of Preston Drive in Carmel around 9:30 a.m.
Firefighters were able extinguish the fire. The damage was contained to the immediate kitchen area and attic. There is smoke damage throughout the home. Damage is estimated at $30,000, officials said.
No injuries were reported.
The Marion County Prosecutor's Office has been busy calculating the costs of the David Bisard trial.
Some delivery workers, including USPS workers, are working in the dark to get packages to your door.
One week after someone shot and killed a Lawrence man during an attempted robbery outside his apartment his community is fighting back with cash.