INDIANAPOLIS (WISH) - Candles are being blamed in a fire that damaged a north side residence late Sunday.
Indianapolis Firefighters were called to the 2400 block of Carrolton Avenue at 10:41 p.m.
The resident told authorities he was burning candles and went downstairs for a short period of time. When he returned to the upstairs bedroom, he found smoke and fire.
The man said he attempted to put the fire out on his own but gave up and called 911.
IFD crews arrived to flames showing from the bedroom window. Firefighters were able to contain the flames to the bedroom.
The fire was brought under control within 25 minutes.
Damage to the structure and contents was estimated at $17,000.
No one was injured.
Firefighters remind everyone to never leave burning candles unattended for any reason.
The Noblesville Police Department says a 16-year-old girl who was shot late Sunday night died from her injuries.
Two men were arrested overnight after police say they stole a car and led officers on a chase.
Fire officials say a civilian medic was injured early Monday morning in a house fire.