INDIANAPOLIS (WISH) - The Indianapolis Fire Department responded to a YMCA Saturday afternoon after receiving a report of a chemical leak near the pool.
Haz-Mat crews were called to the YMCA located at 501 N. Shortridge Rd. shortly before 2 p.m. A lifeguard noticed a muriatic acid leak when she went to turn the acid on for the swimming pool.
IFD says the lifeguard immediately cleared the pool area and called 911.
Haz-Mat crews were able to stop the leak. Only 2 -- 3 gallons of the acid was able to leak from the system.
No injuries were reported.
Saturday morning, Wishard Memorial Hospital closed its doors.
As a tribute to veterans, the Indiana American Legion dedicated a new flagpole at the governor's residence on Saturday.
A travel advisory put in place for Wayne County has been extended.