INDIANAPOLIS (WISH) - A fire on the city's southeast side slightly injured three people and critically injured another man.
The incident occurred just after 1:30 a.m. in the 3100 block of Alice Avenue, near the intersection of Troy and Keystone.
Police arrived on scene to find heavy smoke and fire showing from the home.
Firefighters believe a space heater is the cause of the fire, however firefighters are still investigating this incident. Officials say the home did not have any working smoke detectors.
The family says their 5-year-old child has been released from the hospital. They also told 24-Hour News 8 they are looking for their three dogs – a German Shepherd and two small dogs.
IFD would like to remind Hoosiers to use caution when using space heaters and to never leave them on overnight or while asleep. It is important to leave a three foot perimeter around the space heater so no objects catch fire.
Indiana State Police this year have a new weapon in the fight against crime and terrorism but one that can also track you and every call you make.
Gov. Mike Pence's proposal to phase out the business personal property tax continues to get a chilly reception from local officials and state lawmakers.
It's a tragedy court documents show as a careless act that led to the death of a Noblesville teenager.