INDIANAPOLIS (WISH) - Monday, work began to bring down 17 more homes damaged at the site of the south side explosion.
In all, 33 homes are being torn down.
Friday, Marion County's prosecutor met with the family of Dion and Jennifer Longworth, who were killed in the explosion, to update them on the case. Terry Curry said additional search warrants were served last week, and investigators are now testing evidence from the scene at a lab run by the ATF.
"I am satisfied that there's an exhaustive ... and complete investigation being undertaken at this time," Curry said. "Again, there are steps that are being taken, every single day."
The Department of Public Safety said last week it has already spent more than $300,000 on the investigation and response to the explosion.
It's been 28 days and counting since a criminal investigation was launched in the Richmond Hill explosion.
Public Safety Director Troy Riggs tells 24-Hour News 8 investigators are making progress despite making no arrest.
"The natives are starting to get restless," said Doug Aldridge, a Richmond Hill resident.
"(We) want a conclusion but we know this type of investigation is really tough to prove."
Homeowners who still live in the subdivision remain optimistic that residents will move back into the subdivision.
"We hear the demolition crews but we also can't wait to hear construction crews rebuilding the communities and putting our community back together, "said Richmond Hill resident Teresa Carmichael.
A winter storm warning is in effect for most of Central Indiana.
It's very rare that a single person can reach across national, racial, and spiritual borders to bring such hope and healing.
Dispatchers with Indiana State Police say a vehicle left the roadway Thursday night off of Interstate 69.