INDIANAPOLIS (WISH) - As a Marion County grand jury investigates the death of a babywhose body was found in a dumpster 24-Hour News 8 is learning newdetails about who prosecutors have been interviewing.
24-Hour News 8 has learned that prosecutors have spoken to theowners of a building that once housed a business run by a funeraldirector who has now lost his license.
That building now sits empty near the corner of 23rd andMeridian streets.
At one time, funeral director Marvin Boatright was trying to setup a business there - even with a suspended license.
Regulators suspended Boatright's license in 2008 for cremating abody against a family's wishes and for charging for servicesalready covered in a funeral contract.
The building at 2330 North Meridian where Boatright had beenworking is right next to a dumpster where the embalmed body of ababy was discovered last October.
24-Hour News 8 spoke with one of the owners of the buildingand when asked about Boatright's time there, she said she and herhusband have given information about that to prosecutors.
The discovery of the baby's body last October was a shock.
The news this week that the child's body had been embalmed, asign someone from the funeral industry may have been involved hasthat industry especially concerned.
"It's just plain wrong,” said Curtis Rostad, the executivedirector of the Indiana Funeral Directors Association.
Rostad said the disposal of a baby's embalmed body in adumpster violates the two chief principles of the funeral industry:respect for the dead, and compassion for the living.
"And if a funeral director was involved either knowingly orunknowingly, it's obviously not acceptable. There's nocircumstances under which we can say that this is an acceptable wayto dispose of a human being,” said Rostad.
Rostad went on to say most funeral directors love theirprofession, and, "it hurts when we see something like this."
A winter weather advisory was issued for Wayne, Union, Switzerland, Ripley, Ohio, Franklin, Fayette and Dearborn counties on Saturday night.
IMPD officials say a 3-year-old boy has died after he was shot in the head Saturday evening.
Lawrence Police are investigating an overnight shooting in the 8800 block of Pendleton Pike. Police say the shooting happened around 3 a.m. Sunday morning.