INDIANAPOLIS (WISH) - A number of employees and patrons of the English Ivy restaurant were evacuated after a small fire broke out in the kitchen of the restaurant.
Fire crews were sent to the restaurant in the 900 block of North Alabama Street just before 5:15 p.m. Tuesday afternoon.
Witnesses told officials that a woman was cooking burgers on the stove when grease caught fire and spread to the hood of the stove.
Restaurant employees quickly evacuated the patrons. Luckily, no one was injured in the incident.
Officials say the fire left about $75,000 worth of damage. The restaurant will close for a few days to make repairs.
Longtime motorsports announcer Paul Page will return to the Indianapolis Motor Speedway Radio Network as its lead announcer next season.
Prosecutors say the trials of south side explosion suspects Monserrate Shirley, Mark Leonard and Bob Leonard, Jr. will almost certainly be held in Marion County. But, their cases may not be heard in a courtroom if a judge agrees to a new …
A winter storm is expected to arrive around the same time as thousands of out of town sports fans.