INDIANAPOLIS (WISH) - A woman was taken to the hospital in serious condition Sunday evening after she went back into her home to put out a kitchen fire.
Fire crews were called to a residence fire in the 3900 block of Marietta Court shortly after 7:30 p.m. Authorities say those in the home were cooking when they left the stove unattended and a fire started.
All occupants evacuated the residence – one woman took a garden hose and ran it into the residence, attempting to extinguish the fire.
The woman began having complications with asthma due to smoke inhalation and was taken to Community East Hospital in serious condition.
Damages are estimated at $3,000. There were no working smoke detectors in the home. IFD would like to remind residents, when there is a fire, evacuate, and do not re-enter the home.
An Indianapolis couple was displaced from their home Tuesday night after what firefighters believe was an electrical fire in the attic.
Noblesville police were investigating a robbery and pursuit Tuesday night.
One week after someone shot and killed a Lawrence man during an attempted robbery outside his apartment his community is fighting back with cash.