WEST LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) - A fire breaks out at a Purdue University fraternity house Saturday morning, forcing several members to move.
Purdue firefighters said they responded to the call at the Alpha Epsilon Pi house on David Ross Road around 6:30 Saturday morning.
When they arrived, firefighters said they discovered the blaze in the chapter room. Firefighters said everyone made it out of the home safely.
Our sister station WLFI said the cause of the fire was accidental. According to firefighters, the room was heavily damaged by fire and smoke.
Firefighters said 17 residents have been placed in Purdue Village for the remainder of the semester. The Office of the Dean of Students is also working with the students to provide additional services.
UPDATE 10:45 P.M.: Many Indiana State Police dispatches were reporting accidents on major roads due to slick weather conditions Sunday night.
With some of the coldest nights of the season on the way, shelters are preparing for a rush of people trying to stay warm.
Christmas is just over two weeks away, but it came early for some very special kids in Hancock County.