JOHNSON COUNTY, Ind. (WISH) - Officials say homeowners trying to get warm caused three homes to catch fire in Johnson County.
The first fire occurred in the 3900 block of Tamara Way around 6:30 p.m. Monday. Our partners at the Daily Journal report the homeowner and his family were home when the fire occurred, but were able to make it outside safely. Firefighters say the fire started in the fireplace and then spread to the attic.
The second fire occurred around 2:30 a.m. Tuesday morning in the 700 block of CR 100 West. The homeowners woke up to the smell of smoke. Fire officials say the fire started in the fireplace and spread to the home's floorboards. The couple and their child all escaped the house safely.
The third fire occurred just before 6 a.m. Tuesday in the 5400 block of West Whiteland Road. Officials say the homeowner was working on his car in the garage and some fuel got on to the floor, causing a space heater to catch fire.
The Marion County Prosecutor's Office has been busy calculating the costs of the David Bisard trial.
Some delivery workers, including USPS workers, are working in the dark to get packages to your door.
One week after someone shot and killed a Lawrence man during an attempted robbery outside his apartment his community is fighting back with cash.