WHITELAND,Ind. - A Whiteland woman was injured Thursday in a neighborhood fireworks mishap.
According to the Johnson County Daily Journal, 35 year old Angela McGraw was visiting friends at a home on Parker Street in Whiteland when hard ash from a firework tube struck her leg.
Whiteland Town Marshal, Rick Shipp said McGraw suffered a 2 inch deep cut to her leg and was taken to Community Hospital South in Indianapolis for treatment.
Thousands of people in Indianapolis were without power early Thursday morning.
Hoosiers saw unbearably cold temperatures Thursday morning.
Mintonye Elementary School may be ready to open in August, but Southwestern Middle School won't be ready. That's the preliminary assessment Superintendent Scott Hanback told the Tippecanoe School Corporation school board Wednesday evening.