INDIANAPOLIS (WISH) - Citizens Energy Group has issued a raw sewage overflow warning Saturday after some severe storms moved through the area.
Citizens says a quarter of an inch of rain can overload the city's Combined Sewer System, causing raw sewage mixed with rainwater to overflow into nearby streams.
Signs are posted along streams to identify discharge points where contact with water could be hazardous.
Citizens asks the residents avoid all contact with streams for the next four days downstream of the Combined Sewer areas which include:
- White River downstream from 56th Street
- Fall Creek downstream from Keystone Avenue
- Little Eagle Creek downstream from Michigan Street
- Eagle Creek downstream from the confluence of Little Eagle Creek
- Pogues Run downstream from 21st Street
- Pleasant Run downstream from Kitley Avenue
- State Ditch downstream from Southern Avenue
- Bean Creek downstream from I-65
People who follow the Indiana Department of Natural Resources through Facebook will be able to get some advice about selecting a Christmas tree and keeping it fresh throughout the holidays from forest education director Sam Carman.
A popular southern Indiana attraction is making the most of recent wintry weather by turning its Leaf Cam into a Snow Cam.
Indiana's Family and Social Services Administration is changing when 900,000 residents receive their food stamps.