PALM BAY, Fla. (AP) — A Florida man suffered second-degree burns over roughly half his body after accidentally setting himself on fire while lighting a Halloween display.
Authorities say Ron Nielson of Palm Bay was using gasoline, a wooden cross and candles.
Palm Bay Fire Rescue spokeswoman Yvonne Martinez tells Florida Today (http://on.flatoday.com/GSc54M ) it's not clear whether Nielson was trying to light the cross or the candles Tuesday night. She says Nielson's clothes caught on fire.
Nielson was airlifted to an Orlando hospital. His condition early Thursday isn't known.
One of his neighbors said Nielson had put up ghosts, a scarecrow and other Halloween decorations earlier in the day. Brenda Lister says she heard an explosion and ran outside to find Nielson lying in a ditch with burns over much of his body.
Information from: Florida Today (Melbourne, Fla.), http://www.floridatoday.com
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
Indiana's largest farm organization is holding its annual state convention at the Grand Wayne Center in downtown Fort Wayne on Friday and Saturday.
A Franklin man was sentenced to 100 years in jail for child molestation charges Thursday.
A Johnson County judge has upheld the state's decision to close a Center Grove area day care.