INDIANAPOLIS (WISH) - Counties around Central Indiana are reporting power outages,downed trees and power lines, and high water in many areas.
Here is a list of area reports as of 8 a.m.:
Clinton County and Frankfort:
According to the police chief:
- all roads open and the water has receded
- one tree down on a car
- just a few puddles at the parking lot at the school
- water in the tunnels in the school - no real damage
- no roads closed
- lots of high water signs out
- a few trees down
- scattered trees down around the county
- power out in Windfall, Indiana
- a lot of power lines down
- high water in some areas
- S.R. 18 between 400 and 500 west - high water
- S,R,. 26 between 600 and 700 west - high water
- 1 semi on i-69 at the 59 mile marker in northbound lanestill stuck from Wednesday
- 1 semi at the 72-73 mile marker on I-69 in the median
- power outage in the Meadowbrook area
- some scattered limbs down, nothing big
This is in from Doug Cox from Johnson County:
- Water Rescue overnight in Johnson County at 200 North andCenterline Road. Franklin and Bargersville Fire Dept rescued thegirl who had driven her father's truck into the water.
From the Danville Police chief, Keith Gill:
- A building on Lincoln Street just west of the Co-op blewover in the wind about 10 p.m. Wednesday. There was no one in thebuilding and no one was hurt. The building was used forstorage.
- Lapel High School has no power and will be closedThursday.
- Lots of limbs/trees down, some minor house damage fromfalling limbs. One sheriff’s patrol car damaged from afalling limb. No reported injuries.
A mother has to put Christmas on hold after her car was stolen with all the gifts inside.
Indianapolis 500 champion Tony Kanaan will take Dario Franchitti's number 10 Target car.
A one-mile stretch of State Road 135 was closed Friday as firefighters battled a house fire, according to the Johnson County Sheriff's Office.