INDIANAPOLIS (WISH) - This colorful snack is low in calories and jam packed with vitamins, protein and fiber. Scoop it up with some organic whole grain chips or crackers. Or, use it in a wrap with shredded lettuce.
- 1-15 oz. can each garbanzo beans and black beans (cooked from scratch is best)
- 1# frozen organic corn kernels
- 2 chopped green onions, white and green parts too
- ½ pablano pepper, diced
- 2 jalapeno peppers, diced-Capsaicin prevents cancer
- 3 medium tomatoes, diced-lycopene and vitamin C
- 2 tbs. cilantro leaves and stems chopped-Removes heavy metals
- 3 tbs. fresh lime juice-Vitamin C
- ½ tsp. minced garlic-Antioxidant that Keeps vampires away!
- 2 tsp. cumin powder
- Sea salt to taste
• Combine drained beans and corn, onions, pepper, cilantro, garlic, and tomatoes.
• Add fresh lime juice, olive oil, cumin, and salt as desired.
• Mix well
• Cover and refrigerate overnight to marry the flavors together.
As the year draws to a close, Indianapolis Mayor Greg Ballard says he's still waiting for something he asked for back in March.
The Indianapolis Zoo hosted its annual "Christmas at the Zoo" fundraiser Wednesday, but the festivities became a secondary celebration for one special family.
Black ice likely caused an accident Wednesday morning in Boone County.