INDIANAPOLIS (WISH) - Avocados have many health benefits. Here are some recipes that work avocado into your diet.
• Avocados contain 20 vitamins, minerals and plant compounds that contribute to the nutritional quality of your diet.
• potassium and vitamin B6
• C, E and beta-carotene. One avocado provides twice our daily need of these three powerful antioxidant vitamins.
• It is also is rich in copper and iron
Raw Avocado Bites
1 Large Avocado (pitted and diced)
1/3 C Nutritional Yeast-protein and B12
1T Smoked Paprika
1 tsp. Garlic Powder
• Mix last 3 ingredients then toss avocado until evenly coated!
Grilled Cheese with Pesto, Mozzarella, Baby Spinach, Avocado Grilled Cheese Sandwich
2 slices of whole grains and seeds bread-Ezekiel is awesome-Fiber and protein
2-3 tablespoons Pesto
2 slices of mozzarella
handful fresh baby spinach-iron, calcium, antioxidants
2 tbs. goat cheese crumbled
• Spread about 1 tablespoon Pesto onto each slice of bread
• On one slice of bread, add 1 slice of cheese, sliced avocado, crumbled goat cheese, spinach, second slice of cheese, then top it with second slice of bread.
• Press together gently.
Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a frying pan over medium low heat and add the sandwich to the oil, cook until bread is golden brown.
• Press down on the sandwich lightly, then flip the sandwich over and cook until second side is golden brown, and enjoy your healthy-gourmet sandwich!
Officials are investigating after a break-in at an east side home, police say.
The Indianapolis Metropolitan Police Department released more information after a 3-year-old boy was shot Thursday evening.
A Franklin man was sentenced to 100 years in prison for child molestation charges Thursday.