LIN Media is in search of a Chief Engineer for their Indianapolis market which includes the primary and secondary channels of WISH-TV and WNDY. The Chief Engineer will be instrumental to the current and future operation of the stations and the overall facility, which also includes a centralized master control hub for other LIN stations. Candidates must have experience managing a television broadcast engineering department with a large news operation. A strong background in RF technology, digital, broadcast equipment and IT is required. Other key responsibilities include:
- Managing all technical equipment: cameras, servers, transmitters, fleet vehicles, towers, IT equipment
- Working with News, and other departments regarding equipment problems as well as taking into account needs both immediate and future
- Managing a technical team who can support the Chief Engineer in executing his or her duties
- Preparing the market’s capital and technical operating budgets
- Executing all capital purchases and projects for the market
- Developing and directing the implementation of corporate strategic equipment plans, projects, programs, and systems
- In times of technical and/or operational crisis, managing and guiding other station employees to a successful outcome, while protecting personnel and hardware.
To apply for the above position, send resume to General Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please. WISH TV is an equal opportunity employer. EEO/M-F.
On Tuesday, the Brady Center to Prevent Gun Violence filed suit against an Indiana business that sold a gun used to shoot an IMPD officer.
The mother of two young girls saved by 16-year-old Aubrey Peters more than three years ago, says Peters is truly a hero.
The Indiana Pacers will face LeBron James and the two time defending NBA Champions the Miami Heat at Bankers Life Fieldhouse on Tuesday night.