INDIANAPOLIS (WISH) — We’re down to the Sweet 16 classrooms in WISH-TV’s I Love to Read Challenge.
Now in its 29th year, the Challenge is designed to encourage a love of reading in third-graders at a time when students are adapting from “learning to read” to “reading to learn.”
The bracket-style, elimination challenge encourages friendly competition among classrooms with a focus on both personal effort and collaborative achievement.
The final 16 are:
- Clarks Creek Elementary – Mrs. Metz
- Carl Wilde Elementary #79 – Mrs. Bible
- Winding Ridge Elementary – Miss Gay
- Amy Beverland Elementary – Mrs. Flandermeyer
- Allisonville Elementary – Mrs. Adams
- Hawthorne Elementary – Mrs. Buchanan
- Grassy Creek Elementary – Ms. Langan
- Amy Beverland Elementary – Ms. Booher
- St. Michael Catholic School – Mrs. Capen
- Edgewood Intermediate – Miss Leichter
- Brook Park Elementary – Mrs. Canada
- Clarks Creek Elementary – Mrs. Judd
- North Decatur Elementary – Mrs. Kramer
- Riverview Elementary – Mrs. James
- Sidener Academy – Mrs. Mundell
- Promise Road Elementary – Mrs. Carty
Go to the I Love to Read link to see the brackets for the 2018-2019 contest.