Allergy season is in full-swing in Indiana! People often wonder if there’s anything they can do to control allergens in their home. While there is no cure-all (especially if your allergen trigger is pollen), there are some options to help.
Renee Lucas, Owner, LCS Heating & Cooling, shares 5 ways to control allergens in your home:
• A good filtration system: Media filter vs 1″ filter. Some advanced filtration systems have hospital-grade filters in them!
• Air Purifiers/UV Lights: Kills bacteria & viruses, reduces allergens and controls odors
• Turn the fan setting to “ON” on your thermostat to constantly keep air circulating through the filter and/or Air Purifier
• Duct Sealing: Leaky ducts allow air from the attic & crawl (excess dust, insulation particles, etc) to circulate throughout the home.
• Duct Cleaning: Cleans the ductwork throughout the room to remove dust, pet hair and debris (below is an image of a dirty air duct on the left vs. a clean air duct on the right)
To learn more, visit www.lcsheatingandcooling.com.
SEGMENT IS SPONSORED BY LCS Heating & Cooling