This delicious, decadent chocolate cake is gluten-free, made with almond flour, and extremely irresistible! Plus, it cooks in about a minute. Chocolaty goodness is just a few seconds and a few ingredients away with our latest recipe from Annessa Chumbley, Indy Style host and registered dietitian.
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons vanilla Greek yogurt (sweetened with stevia)
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder (100% cacao)
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons superfine almond flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon dark chocolate chips
- 4 fresh raspberries
1. In a small bowl, whisk egg for 1 minute with a fork. Add yogurt, maple syrup and cocoa powder, stirring until smooth and all the cocoa powder has been absorbed.
2. Add in flour and baking powder, and stir just until mixed.
3. Pour mixture into a large mug sprayed with nonstick spray.
4. Sprinkle in 2 teaspoons of dark chocolate chips.
5. Microwave on high for 1 minute (possibly 30 more seconds depending on your microwave or you can bake it for 15 minutes at 400 degrees!).
6. Remove and let cake cool for 30 seconds.
7. Carefully turn it out onto a plate, and top cake with raspberries.
8. Microwave the last teaspoon of dark chocolate chips just until melted, then pour over the top of raspberries.