Online dating can be a tricky process – who to trust, what to reveal about yourself and more… especially if you’re over 50.
On today’s Indy Style, Christiane Hile, Author, “ONE + ONE>2: The Online Dating Guide for Women Over 50,” shares what she’s learned from her own personal experience with trying to find love online and her advice to others for their own journey to romantic bliss.
“So many accomplished single women I know who are over 50 want to meet someone but are reluctant to stick to a disciplined dating approach,” says Hile. Since almost 40% of straight couples now meet online, it is her hope that her book will help mature woman to accelerate their dating journey and find romantic happiness.
In ONE + ONE˃2, Hile guides readers through every step of the online dating journey, explaining:
• Why you should treat online dating like a business
• Why online dating is a numbers game
• Why paid sites are better than free sites
• Why you should be clear about the critical qualities you are looking for
• What to include and avoid in your profile
• Why you should never reveal how long you’ve been dating
• Why you should invest in getting a professional photographer
• Why you should limit texting and screen all candidates by phone,
• How long your initial phone conversation should be and what topics to avoid
• How to recognize—and deal—with scammers and jerks
• Navigating first dates