A new brewery is coming to Speedway this spring, just in time for the 100th running of the Indy 500! Big Woods Brewery broke ground September 8 and will soon be a big part of the rich heritage and community revitalization of the town. It’ll reside in the Big Woods/Quaff On! distribution area, and already, the first Speedway beer has been named and is currently in production!
Take a listen to Tracy’s interview with MaryLouise Dominick and Jesse Helm, both managers of Quaff On! Bloomington Tap.
First though, here are a few facts about Big Woods Brewery!
- Corner of 10th and Main Streets, Speedway is the third Big Woods location
- Made famous in Nashville and Bloomington
- Will feature a 7,500-square-foot restaurant and 10,000-square-foot beer garden.
- Plans to initially employ 75 people
- The new location will serve a full menu, including artisanal pizza and smoked pork nachos made famous at Big Woods’ Nashville restaurant. New to Speedway will be Chef Dan Nichols’ Triple B Burger, the winner in the James Beard Foundation’s Better Burger Project, which featured chefs from across the nation. The part beef/part mushroom burger can be paired with Big Woods’ best-in-class craft beer selection, including brews from the group’s Quaff ON! brewery in Bloomington, as well as with Foyt Family Wines and other spirits.
- Customers can keep track of the project by watching a live construction video feed on www.bigwoodsspeedway.com and follow @BWSpeedway. To get a better taste of what’s to come, Big Woods beer school is offered every Saturday at 11 a.m. in Nashville. The group meets in front of the Big Woods Brewing Company, located at the corner of Honeysuckle and Molly’s Lane. Admission is $5, or $10 including a pint glass.
To learn more about the new brewery, visit:
- Facebook: Big Woods Brewing Company
- Instagram: @BWSpeedway
- Twitter: @BWSpeedway