It’s a battle of the chilis, all for a worthy cause.
In our kitchen this morning, Rick Hopkins, Director of Food and Beverage, Carmel Market District, and Tim Griffin, Firefighter/EMT/Public Information Officer, tell us about an event that features food, fire trucks and fun for the entire family!
Carmel Market District and Firefighter Tim go HEAD-TO-HEAD in a Chili cookoff!
• In celebration of National Chili Day (Feb. 27) , Carmel Market District and the Carmel Fire Department are going head-to-head in a chili cookoff!
• In the afternoon of Sunday, February 23, the foodie destination will compete against Carmel firefighters in the Battle of the Chili Bowls. Attendees will have the opportunity to sample the participating c`hilis with all sorts of delicious dippers – including cornbread – and vote for their winning bowl!
• The grand prize includes a donation made to the firehouse charity of their choice.
• Carmel Market District is heatin’ things up with its delicious, homemade chili recipes that are sure to keep Firefighter Tim on his toes! From cactus chili to white bean chicken, Market District has its eye on the prize for the Battle of the Chili Bowls!
• Attendees will have the opportunity to sample the participating chilis with all sorts of delicious sides and dippers, including cornbread, Crazy Charlie’s salsa and many more.
• In conjunction with National Chili Day, the store refuses to lose sight of another wonderful foodie day – National Margarita Day (Feb 22)!
• Whether you want to grab all the ingredients in-store, or stop into Table, Hoosiers can perfectly pair their warm cup of chili with a nice, cold margarita this weekend.