Come visit PUNCH BOWL SOCIAL to celebrate Friendsgiving! Bring your out-of-town friends or family for fun, food, and games, or make this party pleasing punch for your Friendsgiving gathering at home. Emma Grauel of Punch Bowl Social shows us everything we need to know.
- Come in the day before Thanksgiving or the weekend after for Grandma’s Turkey Basting punch, with Old Forester Bourbon and DOM Benedictine – an herbal liqueur – along with Teakoe’s Pinepple Guava Tea and a house-made orange shrub!
- Punch Bowl Social is a great location for bringing friends and family the day before Thanksgiving (11 a.m. – 8 p.m.) or the day after (11 a.m. – 3 a.m.)
- Punch Bowl Social offers seasonal, shareable punches, like Grandma’s Turkey Basting, as well as old-school and “new school” cocktails, all-natural sodas and fizzes, floats and shakes (kid-friendly and grownup versions), “pre-school” cocktail options (non-alcoholic) and even fresh-pressed juices for when you need a healthy pick-me-up.
- Punch Bowl Social is a fun and unique venue for holiday parties, corporate gatherings, and family events.
- Punch Bowl Social is located at 120 S. Meridian Street and opens at 11 a.m. Monday – Friday and 9 a.m. on weekends. (We’ll be closed on Thanksgiving this year so we can celebrate the season with our families!)
- Punch Bowl Social offers scratch-made, seasonal menu items from Culinary Partner and James Beard Award-winning chef Hugh Acheson, with new fall menu items now available like It’s Nacho Mama’s nachos with roasted cauliflower, Lobster Bacon Fries, the new Big Baller Platters which are ideal for group sharing during a round of darts or bowling.
- Punch Bowl Social is also known for its games and activities, like bowling, ping pong, darts, vintage arcade and pinball games, giant Jenga, private karaoke rooms, wall Scrabble, foosball and more.
Grandma’s Turkey Basting Punch
4oz Old Forester Bourbon
1oz DOM Benedictine
2oz House-made orange shrub*
1oz Teakoe’s Pineapple Guava Tea
3oz orange juice
Candied orange wheels, for garnish**Method
Add all ingredients to two small tins. Shake vigorously for 7 seconds. Strain into a medium-sized punch bowl. Add fresh ice. Garnish with candied orange wheels.
*How to make orange shrub:
Take 4 oranges, cut in half. Squeeze juice into glass bowl and place peels in as well. Measure 1 cup of sugar pour over peels and juice. Measure 1 1/2 cups of champagne vinegar and pour into bowl. Stir all ingredients up and store covered for at least 24 hours. Strain through a cheesecloth before use.
**How to make candied oranges:
Bring water in a sauce pan to a boil and add desired amount of thinly sliced oranges. Boil for 1 minute. Remove oranges and immediately place in an ice bath. Meanwhile, bring 2 cups water, 2 cups sugar and 2 TBSP orange juice to a light simmer. Soak orange slices in sugar solution then remove and place on cooking rack to dry.
To learn more, visit www.punchbowlsocial.com.