We’re tapping our way into the weekend, just in time for the Circle City Tap Festival! It’s a first of its kind in Indiana, as dancers have the option to sign up for just one class or as many as they can possibly do! Here is a list of everything that’s offered and how you can take part:
- Classes are 75 minutes long
- They include: Rockette, Commercial tap dance, Broadway, Building speed, rudiments, working with live musicians, History and choreography of Bill “Bojangles” Robinson, improv, and a Tap Jam
- Esteemed faculty coming in from all over the country (L.A., NY, Chicago, Phoenix, Dayton, Kentucky) Just a few credentials include: SYTYCD contestant, Emmy-nominated choreographer, former Rockette, Founder and Artistic Director of Manhattan Tap that focuses on visual music ensembles and being the percussionist, Director of Just West of Broadway in Phoenix, AZ
- Festival is held at Village Dance Studio in the Boys and Girls Club West in Whitestown, IN (just north of Indy) Oct 3 9-5:30 and Oct 4 9-7:00
- Ages 8 and up. Classes for all levels offered.
- Faculty and Guest dancers will perform in the Circle City Tap Show Sat night Oct 3 @ 7:30 pm Tix are $15 and can be purchased online or at the door. Held at the Boys and Girls Club West also.
- At the end of the show, all tap dancers in the audience are invited up to participate in the Shim Sham Shimmy: also known as the “tap dancers anthem”
- A la carte pricing as well as multiple package discounts
To learn more, visit www.circlecitytapfest.weebly.com