This grain free blueberry cobbler comes together quickly with fresh blueberries, lemon, and a cinnamon streusel baked on top.
Your guests will be asking for seconds and not missing the grains in this cobbler recipe from Erika Schlick, health coach, blogger and author of the cookbook Wandering Palate.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 45 minutes
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon cassava flour
- 4 cups fresh blueberries
- 1 cup cassava flour
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ cup maple sugar1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- ½ cup butter, grated or cubed (or coconut oil), plus additional for greasing the pan
1. Preheat oven to 350F.
2. Grease an 8 x 8 ceramic baking dish.
3. In a large bowl, whisk together lemon juice and zest, maple syrup, vanilla, cinnamon, salt, and cassava flour. Once combined stir in the blueberries and make sure they are fully coated in the mixture.
4. Pour the mixture into the greased baking dish.
TO MAKE THE TOPPING:
1. Grate the butter on a cheese grater or dice into small cubes.
3. Stir in the vanilla and grated (or cubed) butter or coconut oil and use a pastry cutter or 2 forks to combine it until it resembles a crumbled mixture.
4. Spoon the crumble mixture over the blueberries and place in the oven.
5. Bake for 45 minutes or until the top starts to brown.
6. Remove from the oven and let it cool before eating, about 10-15 minutes.
7. Serve with dairy free ice cream or nut milk.
Wandering Palate has several healthy recipes to make while you have some extra time at home and are looking for simple and healthy meals to prepare.
Wandering Palate has a collection of 28 days of travel inspired healthy Paleo meals that help keep her in remission from Lyme disease and multiple autoimmune conditions. The book is a collection of recipes that helped her heal and now she is joining us from her home in Los Angeles to show us how we should be cooking to stay safe and healthy at home.
Wandering Palate is currently shipping and available on her website and Amazon: