These salmon cakes may look complicated since they start with fresh salmon, but rest assured, they aren’t. Fresh fish cooks quickly and once it is baked, it is a simple mix and sear for color before serving.
1 lb fillet of wild salmon (Use code TRAILTOHEALTH for $15 off Wild Alaskan Seafood or 10% your order of Vital Choice)
3 tablespoons butter or coconut oil, divided salt, to taste
1/3 cup almond flour
¼ cup chopped fresh parsley
3 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
½ tablespoon garlic powder
½ tablespoon onion powder
1 lemon, cut into wedge
1. Preheat the oven to 350 F (163 C).
2. Place the salmon skin side down in a baking pan. Top with 1 tablespoon of the butter or coconut oil and season with the salt to taste. Bake for 15 minutes or until cooked through and easily flaked with a fork.
3. Remove the salmon from the oven and allow to cool for at least 10 minutes. Flake the salmon with your hands or pulse in a food processor a few times, being careful not to over pulse.
4. Whisk the eggs in a mixing bowl until smooth. Add the flaked salmon, almond flour, parsley, dill, garlic powder and onion powder, and mix until combined. Divide and shape into six, 3-inch patties with your hands or a burger press.
5. Heat the remaining coconut oil in a skillet set over medium heat. Cook the patties for 3-5 minutes per side or until lightly browned.
6. Serve the patties with the lemon wedges.
Wandering Palate has several healthy recipes to make while you have some extra time at home and are looking for simple and healthy meals to prepare.
Wandering Palate has a collection of 28 days of travel inspired healthy Paleo meals that help keep her in remission from Lyme disease and multiple autoimmune conditions. The book is a collection of recipes that helped her heal and now she is joining us from her home in Los Angeles to show us how we should be cooking to stay safe and healthy at home.
Wandering Palate is currently shipping and available on her website and Amazon: