The very best in the sport of harness racing will soon take to the racetrack!
Emily Gaskin, Race Marketing Manager Harrah’s Hoosier Park Racing & Casino, shares the details of this year’s Dan Patch Stakes:
• Hoosier Park Racing & Casino – Friday, August 9 – 26th edition of the $330,000 Dan Patch Stakes. As part of a special weekend tagged as “Dan Patch Festival Weekend”, Hoosier Park will showcase some of the most notable names in harness racing alongside specialty wagers, free t-shirts, giveaways, and interactive family-friendly entertainment.
• The Dan Patch Stakes is Hoosier Park’s signature race and also Indiana’s richest harness race. With combined career purse earnings over $12 million, the talented field of nine includes five millionaires, three World Champions and the co-fastest horse in harness racing history.
• In addition to food trucks and family fun, five lucky fans will be drawn to place a $100 win bet on the horse of their choice in the Dan Patch Stakes. Racing fans will also have the opportunity to win up to $5,000 with a Dan Patch kiosk game.
• The Dan Patch festivities will also include a driver autograph session, family-friendly activities, special giveaways in the winner’s circle, and a free backpack for the first 500 guests to visit Trackside Caesars Rewards, beginning at 6 p.m.
• Admission is free. The First Race starts at 6:30pm.
Social Media: Twitter/Instagram: @HoP_Racing Facebook: Harrah’s Hoosier Park
To learn more, visit www.harrahshoosierpark.com.
SEGMENT IS SPONSORED BY CAESAR’S ENTERTAINMENT