While there may be a chance for strong storms Tuesday, with this next recipe there is a 100% chance of deliciousness.
Erika Schlick, a health coach, blogger and cookbook author, was on Indy Style to share a quick, easy and tasty recipe: Baked halibut with pineapple salsa.
FOR THE HALIBUT
- 1lb Halibut, about 2 filets (Use code TRAILTOHEALTH for $15 off Wild Alaskan Seafood or 10% your order of Vital Choice)
- 1 lemon, juiced
- Olive oil (Use code TRAILTOHEALTH for 10% off)
- 1 teaspoon Sea salt
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
FOR THE SALSA
- 8 ounces fresh pineapple, diced
- 1 bunch cilantro (about 1 cup) 1 lime squeezed (about 3 Tbs.)
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil (Use code TRAILTOHEALTH for 10% off)
- Preheat your oven to 400 F.
- In a 9×13 baking dish, lay down the halibut filets and pour on lemon juice on it and drizzle some olive oil.
- Top it with fresh cilantro and sea salt.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes at 400F until the internal temperature reaches 130-135F
- While the fish is baking, prepare the pineapple salsa. To start, dice the pineapple into small cubes, but do not over do it as it can fall apart.
- Use a food processor or knife to chop the cilantro.
- In a bowl, combine all the ingredients and stir.
- Once the fish is cooked and plated, top with pineapple salsa and serve with a green salad.
Schlick is the author of Wandering Plate, which is a collection of 28 days of travel-inspired healthy meals that help keep her in remission from Lyme disease and multiple autoimmune conditions.
To visit her website, click here.
For her Instagram account, click here.