It’s National Indoor Plant Week, and that means you can welcome a new plant into your home, for free! In celebration of the 4th annual week-long event, the Engledow Group will give away 3,000 Ardisia japonica plants from the south steps of the Soldiers’ and Sailors’ Monument on Monument Circle on Wednesday, September 16, beginning at 11 a.m. The plants will be available until supplies run out.
Organizers say the event is aimed at increasing public awareness of the benefits of indoor plants. They add, many people have indoor plants because they look pretty or accent their existing décor, but they may not realize that these plants also help create a healthier indoor environment.
Here are a few benefits of indoor plants:Indoor Environment Benefits:
– Reduce levels of carbon dioxide, benzene, dust, and airborne molds.
– Stabilizes humidity.
– Reduces noise by acting as an insulator.Human Benefits:
– Plants brighten the mood and make indoor spaces more inviting.
– Plants reduce absenteeism due to sickness from poor air quality.
– Plants boost employee productivity and encourage positive attitudes.
To learn more about National Indoor Plant Week, visit www.engledow.com. You can also follow along with the events online using the hashtag #plantweek or learn even more at www.nationalindoorplantweek.com.
SEGMENT IS SPONSORED BY ENGLEDOW GROUP