We’re talking turnips today with Daniel Garcia of Garcia Gardens.
The Binford Farmers Market is sponsored by Community Health Network and is a program of BRAG, Binford Redevelopment and Growth, a nonprofit community organization serving 43 neighborhoods. BRAG’s service area is bound by Sargent Road to the east, 96th Street on the north, Dean Road on the west and 56th Street and Fall Creek Road on the south.
About the Market:
· Runs every Saturday (rain or shine) May through October from 8:00 AM to 12:00 PM
· Located on the northwest corner of Binford Blvd. and 65th Street (Northview Church parking log)
· Easily accessible parking
· Features up to 70 curated vendors who offer only Indiana-grown or Indiana-made products (no re-sellers allowed)
· Vendors include fresh produce, juices, dressings, fresh local meats, baked goods, fresh cut flowers, beef jerky, popcorn, coffee roasters, pet goods and more
· Accepts WIC, EBT/SNAP and participates in the Fresh Bucks matching program to help get fresh fruits and vegetables in the hands of people that may lack access to quality produce.
· Fresh Bucks is a program of the Health Department which matches transactions on WIC and EBT/SNAP dollar for dollar up to $20
· Features local live musicians, ready to eat food and a seating area every Saturday
· Partnered with Versiti Blood Center to offer monthly blood drives at the Market
· Special drives and events to benefit other local organizations, like the Indiana Diaper Bank and the Lawrence Cupboard
For more information visit the links below: