Taste authentic dishes from “all over the world” without leaving Indiana!
In our kitchen this morning, we learn about the Global Food Tour at Ivy Tech Community College later this month, with Chef Thom England, Culinary Program Coordinator, Ivy Tech Community College, and Natasha Quinn, Student Chef, Ivy Tech Community College.
Global Food Tour with Ivy Tech Community College
• Global Food Tour – Thursday, February 27, 6-8PM at Ivy Tech Hospitality and Culinary Arts Center. 2820 North Meridian St.
Attendees will taste foods representative of 12 different countries.
Many of the foods will be paired with drinks from those countries and are included in the ticket price
Entertainment from Steel Drums to Irish Dance.
Proceeds from event go directly to student learning of international culture.
$50 ticket price includes all foods and 4 drinks. $40 for 21 and under.
This is a great opportunity for people to taste great foods and learn more about international cultures; as well as see what the culinary students in Indy are doing.
1 Piadina flat bread
6 pieces baby arugula
1 oz gorgonzola cheese
1 tsp. honey
1 Tbsp walnut pieces
3 slices prosciutto style ham
Drizzle of balsamic vinegar
Pumpkin Tortellini with Brown Butter Sage
2 oz ricotta cheese
2 oz canned pumpkin
¼ tsp thyme
32 wonton wrappers
¼ lb whole butter
1 oz fresh sage
- Combine ricotta, pumpkin and thyme
- Put ¼ tsp in middle of a wanton wrapper. Wet edges with egg wash. Fold over into diamond shape.
- Turn around to form into tortellini.
- Cook tortellini in simmering salted water for 4 minutes.
- Heat butter and sage in a sauté pan until the butter starts to brown.
- Remove pasta from water and toss in pan with butter.
- Remove from pan to pasta bowl. Top with shredded parmesan cheese.
To learn more, visit:
• Purchase tickets for the Global Food Tour at: https://connect.ivytech.edu/globalfoodtour
• @coursesativytechindy on Facebook and Instagram